Why Dance Classes are Awesome!
SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE DAY PASS TODAY!
Fitness classes in Dubai come in all shapes and sizes. Dance classes are an upbeat, fun way to get fit either on your own or with your friends. There are so many different classes to choose from to suit all tastes and styles of music.
So what’s out there?
Types of dance fitness classes in Abu Dhabi
There are many styles of dance to choose from, each with its own attractions. Popular styles of dancing include:
- Ballet – mostly performed to classical music, this dance style focuses on strength, technique and flexibility.
- Ballroom dancing – this involves a number of partner-dancing styles such as the waltz, swing, foxtrot, rumba and tango.
- Belly dancing – originating in the Middle East, this dance style is a fun way to exercise.
- Hip-hop – performed mostly to hip-hop music, this urban dance style can involve breaking, popping, locking and freestyling.
- Jazz – a high-energy dance style involving kicks, leaps and turns to the beat of the music.
- Pole dancing – has become increasingly popular as a form of exercise. It involves sensual dancing with a vertical pole, and requires muscle endurance, coordination, and upper- and lower-body strength.
- Salsa – involving a mixture of Caribbean, Latin American and African influences, salsa is usually a partner dance and emphasises rhythms and sensuality.
- Square-dancing – a type of folk dancing where four couples dance in a square pattern, moving around each other and changing partners.
- Tap dancing – focuses on timing and beats. The name originates from the tapping sounds made when the small metal plates on the dancer’s shoes touch the ground
Zumba is so much fun!
Have you heard of Zumba?
Zumba is the largest branded fitness program in the world, created by Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Pérez and founded in 2001. Zumba aims to help people achieve personal transformations. Zumba is a trademark owned by Zumba Fitness, LLC. Each workout involves highly choreographed movements set to upbeat salsa and international music. Essentially, Zumba is a fun, high-energy workout experience that keeps you excited to exercise - and coming back for more.
If you love high energy dance classes then Zumba is for you!
Throw some shapes!
If you love listening to music then dance classes are for you. Dancing and music go hand-in-hand, and there is a type of dance for every genre out there. Whatever tickles your earbuds when it comes to tunes, you’ll find a dance class to get you into the swing. Elvis fan? Join in at a jive. Beyoncé more your thing? Give Hip Hop a pop. Yes, even headbanging technically counts too, although you may need paracetamol and a lie down afterwards. There’s no easier way to make your body move than to put on a track that you really love, so why not choose a dance that suits your music preferences too?
If you haven’t tried dance classes for fitness then it’s maybe time to get your groove on and give it a go!