The opinions shared in the GymNation blog articles are solely those of the respective authors and may not represent the perspectives of GymNation or any member of the GymNation team.
Anti-ageing tips: 10 habits to help you stay younger and stronger
SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE DAY PASS TODAY!
Growing older is an inevitable part of life, yet it doesn’t have to happen rapidly. Dietitian Manpreet Kalra shares on her Instagram page a variety of anti-ageing practices that are essential for maintaining your immune system, preserving the health of your skin and hair, and ensuring your general well-being. It is crucial to adopt these habits to slow down the ageing process.
1. Go out for walk in nature early morning: Walking or any other form of physical activity can help boost energy levels, improve blood circulation and prevent chronic diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular illnesses. (Unsplash)
2. Add ghee to your diet: Ghee has healthy fats and can keep your skin hydrated. You can also apply it externally to prevent wrinkles. (Shutterstock)
3. Eat protein rich meals: Adding protein sources to the diet can help you maintain muscle mass and this may prevent fat accumulation and also keep osteoporosis at bay. (Unsplash)
4. Apply sunscreen regularly: Applying sunscreen before stepping out in the sun can protect you from harmful UV rays and premature ageing. (Pexels )
5. Oil your scalp to nourish hair: Hair fall can begin with age but can be handled with the right nutrients and oiling of your beautiful locks. (gettyimages)
6. Supplement with collagen for skin health: Collagen can improve skin elasticity and hydration and can have anti-ageing effect on skin. (Castorly Stock)
7. Have chia and flax seeds: Gut health is connected to overall health and having the right nutrition can help you stay younger and stronger. (Freepik)
8. Have lemon or amla juice to enhance immunity: Both lemon and amla juice are high in essential vitamins and antioxidants and can help boost immunity.
9. Avoid caffeine: Drinking excess caffeine can hinger nutrient absorption. Avoid having too much tea and coffee to slow down ageing. (Unsplash)
10. Don’t sit for more than 30-35 minutes: Sedentary lifestyle can make you susceptible to chronic diseases like diabetes, heart attack among others. Avoid prolonged sitting.